Friday, January 4, 2013

How to ensure external files correctly get copied when publishing

Before I go into the topic I have to say, this is my first blog post. So It might have some issues. Please apologize me on that. :) The main reason I have motivated to write this blog is to give my experience on software development to out side world. Then they can over come the issues I faced really easily.
Lets start.
Yesterday I was working on some project which associated with the SQLight. Actually project was working really fine on my developer machine and when it gets published it was stopped working on client machine as saying,
So I searched many blog posts and internet to solve that issue, but came up with nothing as I cant find exact way to search on that issue. :)
I did several experiments to over come that issue. Finally I came with a solution by changing the external file properties. Luckily it was solved.
Following is the way to follow that.
  1.  Go to solution explorer
  2.  Right click on the file you want to send with the release
  3.  Click on properties
  4.  Set Build Action into Content
  5.  Set Copy to output directory into Copy if newer or Copy always ( I will discuss about the difference of those later)
  6.  Publish :)

Yes. That't it. Hope It will help you.
Cheers!...


No comments:

Post a Comment